This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SOLVED: /mf bc not working

Jul 18, 2016 at 6:42 PM
Hi,

I have mag-filter 3.2.4.0 instealled along with the latest mag-tools and deval. I'm not able to get /mf bc to work. Any suggestions on what I can verify with my configuration or else debug why its not working? Would really like to be able to broadcast commands!
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2016 at 5:14 PM
Hey there,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

If you type /mf help you should get a list of possible commands. Can you run that command (in game in chat, just type /mf help), and copy the list of what shows up from that?

Thanks,
Thwargle
Jul 26, 2016 at 5:31 PM
12:20:39 <{Mag-Filter}>: Commands: alcmq: After Login Complete Message Queue (add, clear, wait set, wait clear)
dlc: Default Login Character (set, clear)
lcmq: Login Complete Message Queue (add, clear)
lnq: Login Next Queue (set, clear)
version: Display assembly version info
help: List all mf commands
broadcast: Broadcast command to other games ('/mf bc /t:red *bow*)
bc: Broadcast command to other games ('/mf bc /t:red *bow*)
createteam: Create team of specified characters ('/mf ct Tom Bob')
showteams: Show all my teams ('/mf st')
jointeam: Join a team ('/mf jt red')
leaveteam: Leave a team ('/mf lt red')
test: Test submitting a command directly to game ('/mf test somecommandstring’)

Do I have to be using your launcher for this to work? I havent made the switch and am using an older launcher where each instance runs from a separate AC program directory.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:14 PM
You absolutely have to be using my launcher for this to work.

how did you get my version of magfilter and not my launcher? Did you install my launcher and just not use it yet?

The mag-filter does some file-based communications to each client through the launcher, so the inter-process communication doesn't work if my launcher isn't running.

If you close my launcher, the clients will be running fine, but the inter-process communication will not work. Simply bringing the launcher back up will allow it to work again.

Also, you can set my launcher to point to a separate AC program directory as well. It's a configuration if you want that. You can even set separate configuration .ini files for each client, so that for example one client could have one resolution, and another client a different resolution.

Thanks,
Thwargle
Marked as answer by thwargle on 7/26/2016 at 1:15 PM
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:18 PM
I manually installed the dll. Is there a way to use separate directories and configure a central ipc file?

If not then I'll have a go at installing the launcher.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2016 at 10:35 PM
What's an "ipc" file?

You can use separate directories to launch each account using a single string pointing to the directory in the account file.
Jul 27, 2016 at 5:17 AM
So are you saying there's a way that the it can be configured to work running AC from multiple directories?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Sure can.

In order to do this; you have to open the accounts.txt file. This lives in the application data folder. Easiest way to get there is to press windows key + r for the "run" command. Type %appdata% in that and click enter. It'll browse to the app data folder for you. From there, Click ACAccountManager and then double click the accounts.txt file.

I've added a UI way to reach this file as well; I believe it's "Edit User", off the top of my head.

In this file, you can add a line ",LaunchPath=c:/yourlaunchpath" to the end of each account.

Let me know if you have trouble getting this working and I'll open my dev. system and take some screenshots for you.