This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SOLVED: Feature Request Rename Window Title when Loaded

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:46 AM
Hi. i just discovered your tool and its working great so far for me now. the old launchers were getting way out of date.

When i multi log. I usually rename the window title using a tool like this.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/windowtitle/files/
while it works its time consuming and requires trial and error because all the window titles start out the same. i was wondering if you could do this automatically. either changing it to the account name or (better) the currently logged in character (which would be AWESOMESAUCE). it would make those of us managing lots of clients extremely happy.

Thanks for your great work
Dec 24, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Edited Dec 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Just saw the latest update. this is a great improvement!

however, is there a chance we would be able to customize the string displayed in a future release?
I would like to see primarily which character is logged in (which currently gets cut off, though it is present)
also i don't really need the full server name. could use the two letter abbreviation to save window title space
e.g. FF for frostfell

on another note. there needs to be a way to log a client in independently of the current profile selected. ill start another
post if this is necessary but. if i had my profile loaded and say a client crashed. i would have to individually deselect (uncheck) every client (except the one that crashed) and then click launch. what i think is intuitive is if i double click the client entry ( but not near the ^) the launcher should launch only the specified client. alternatively this could be placed in a context (right-click) menu. the only workaround right now is to create a profile with only 1 client selected. i feel like this is a misuse of the profile system.

Detection of whether a client is loaded already would be a nice feature as well (sometimes i dont pay enough attention and log myself out. ACMulticlient did a good job of this. it would show a pop-up that allowed you to go to the instance
when you logged in

Again, thank you for your hard work!
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:23 AM
Good points. You can already customize the string. This string is determined by a regular expression in the application's configuration file. Browse to your installation directory and open the app.config file. There is a line in there "NewGameTitle". You can fix that to be however you want it to display. The variables listed are between the % signs. So you can say for example "Asherons Call - %AccountName%" or something similar.

I was considering writing in the ability to allow you to manually change the title using in-game commands; but I discovered there is a large issue with virindi tank and her interrogator chat system if you rename the AC window titles. Because of this; I actually just remove the window renaming from the application settings. I don't plan on developing this piece of the tool further because of this; but if it's something that you would really like to use; i can put it back on the burner.

In regards to logging in a crashed client independantly; this is a work in progress. This will be implemented with my crash recovery release. I don't currently have a way that detects what accounts are still OK once you launch. Right now I launch and forget about it.

This again relates to the work i'll be doing on crash recovery. It will have a status light for the account and you should never have to click launch again once you've launched a profile. Those accounts should attempt to stay up as long as you're playing unless you manually close them down (feature still under development so not sure how to handle this right this second).
Feb 8, 2016 at 12:13 AM
thwargle wrote:
There is a line in there "NewGameTitle". You can fix that to be however you want it to display. The variables listed are between the % signs. So you can say for example "Asherons Call - %AccountName%" or something similar.

Care to explain how to remove window naming? I've tried to remove those lines (keep getting error when launching so I had to put lines back in)
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2016 at 5:00 AM
Edited Apr 6, 2016 at 5:08 AM
In the application's config file you can edit this.

Browse to the installation directory (default installs to C:/Program Files(x86)/Thwargle Games/ThwargLauncher" and open the thwarg-launcher.exe.config file.

There are two lines:

<add key="NewGameTitle" value="%ACCOUNT%-%SERVER%-%CHARACTER%"/>
<add key="NewGameTitleNoChar" value="%ACCOUNT%-%SERVER%"/>

Change these to:

<add key="NewGameTitle" value=""/>
<add key="NewGameTitleNoChar" value=""/>

DO NOT delete the lines; that doesn't work as you say you found out :)
  • Thwargle
Marked as answer by thwargle on 7/26/2016 at 10:25 AM