This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SOLVED: portal.dat issues

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:40 AM
Since installing the new version, I have had to delete/reinstall portal.dat, and then, update AC. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2015 at 7:41 PM
I have had a couple people say that they've experienced this. Seems like the majority of people don't, and I haven't figured out exactly what's causing this issue. I have a nearly completed data file that I plan to include as an optional download.

My guess is that when you run 2 characters in to a zone you've never been, both of them try to write data to the same file and corrupt it. I'm not sure that this is the case; but if so the current version doesn't have any way to address this.

I plan on including an interface option to allow you to use separate installation file locations (like how ac launcher works) for those who are experiencing issues and don't mind multiple copies of AC listed around. This has been a feature request for those switching to my launcher from AC Multi-Client who don't want to re-work how their game is currently working.

I may quite possibly integrate this feature tonight (thursday november 19). I will try and advertise that feature as best I can if it's included.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2015 at 4:38 AM
Update: Now supports multiple install locations per account in the accounts.txt file. This file is located in the AppData/Roaming/AcAccountManager folder.
Marked as answer by thwargle on 7/26/2016 at 10:28 AM